BIRTH DOULA SERVICES
Ths is a basic overview of my birth doula services. Each client will get personalized support, depending on their individual needs.
- 2 prenatal appointments
- Personalized client packet including Birth Boot Camp's Supporting Arms booklet and my recommended resources
- Access to my lending library of books and other resources
- Support by phone, text, or email during normal waking hours, prior to 38 weeks
- On-call support starting at 38 weeks
- Early labor support via phone
- Provide continuous labor support throughout active labor and birth
- Strive to maintain a calm and peaceful birth environment
- Provide physical, emotional, relational, and information support
- Attempt to get non-professional photos of your birth and baby.
- Postpartum support until family gets settled (usually 1-2 hours)
- Assistance with establishing breastfeeding and bonding
- 2 follow up phone calls (24 hours and 72 hours postpartum)
- 1 postpartum visit in your home within the first 2 weeks postpartum
A non-refundable retainer fee of $250 is due upon signing my contract to reserve your spot on my calendar. the remaining $400 is due by the 36-week point in your pregnancy.
My fee takes into account the average amount of time I spend with each client during pregnancy, labor/birth, and the postpartum period. It also includes the value of my professional training and experience, as well as personal compensation and cost of materials.